Editor’s Note: I’m honestly not trying to make a habit of skipping the personal introductions and updates on these posts but once again time constraints seem to be forcing my hand – I had originally intended to post this article in the early morning hours like normal but unfortunately staying up all night to research yesterday’s post managed to throw my entire sleep schedule off and as a result I’m running several hours behind schedule this Saturday Morning.
Today’s Brief Thought moves away from the swirling maelstrom of bullshit (on both sides) that has become known as “Russiagate” and takes a look the elephant in the room that a surprisingly large percentage of the US political establishment seems determined to avoid – the growing mountain of evidence that the Trump administration isn’t just harnessing discrimination and bigotry to win votes but rather because the swine emperor’s government is also fundamentally motivated by hate:
Note: Please be reminded that if you’re having any trouble reading this info graphic, you can right click on the picture and select “view this image” to pop out a larger version. Additionally, don’t forget to check out my comments after the sources section of this article.
Before anyone tries to bite my head off, I want to make it abundantly clear that I’m aware Donald Trump & his nightmare cabinet didn’t invent embracing bigotry and discrimination as a political strategy in America; from Nixon’s “Southern Strategy” to the Clinton’s “Superpredators” – weaponizing bigotry and marginalizing “the other” has remained a consistent feature of modern American politics long after Johnson’s 1964 Civil Rights Act sought to eliminate racism as an official policy.
The difference here however is that after six months of repressive policies justified by bigoted rhetoric, turning a blind eye to favored hate mongers and “mistake” after “mistake” that always seems to delight spectacularly shitty human beings like David Duke and Richard Spencer; I no longer believe that embracing hatred is merely a “political strategy” for the Trump administration but rather it is an open (and possibly involuntary) expression of their own collectively bigoted and undeniably twisted world philosophy.
I am of course aware that in this day and age of weaponized, neoliberal identity politics that comment will likely be dismissed as hyperbole by sycophants and those with a vested interest in protecting the swine emperor, but at this point I think it’s important to examine the evidence:
- Donald Trump is a largely unapologetic racist; this is not a matter of opinion but rather of documented (and searchable) historical fact.
- Based entirely on his own statements and actions, it’s also fair to say that the President of the United States is an open and virulent misogynist.
- Although Trump’s actual feelings on the subject are perhaps unclear, Herr Donald became POTUS by employing a staggeringly Islamophobic and anti-Muslim election campaign; furthermore, since taking office there is little if any evidence that Trump was simply courting votes as his policy decisions both at home and abroad have mostly matched his Islamophobic campaign rhetoric.
- The Trump administration and political machine is chock full of largely unapologetic racists; including multiple senior members of Herr Donald’s hand-picked, nightmare cabinet. Unsurprisingly, this too has been reflected directly in government policy throughout the first six months of Trump’s term.
- The swine emperor’s cabinet and inner circle are also stocked full of people who hate women and are in a position to significantly undermine women’s health, employment and civil liberties.
- The open Islamophobia and anti-Muslim bigotry of the Trump White House is already legendary. Numerous members of Trump’s senior administration have publicly expressed Islamophobic ideas that vary anywhere from sustained bigotry to borderline genocidal hatred towards Muslims; including the Defense Secretary, the Director of Homeland Security, the head of the CIA, Trump’s Chief Strategist and multiple other fuckwit flunkies with less important portfolios. Don’t forget the festering pile of hateful dogshit that is former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn and before you remind me that Trump fired him, let me remind you that Flynn was asked to resign because he got caught lying (not because he’s a raving bigot nutjob.) Furthermore, Herr Donald has already made noise about bringing Flynn back into government when “this Russia thing” blows over. Have I mentioned that these crackpots have seemingly been trying to engineer a war with Iran since roughly ten hot minutes after Trump was sworn in as President yet? Needless to say, here too we have seen how the anti-Muslim bigotry in Trump’s larger government has translated directly into anti-Muslim policy in the swine emperor’s White House.
- Although Trump himself has been somewhat ambiguous about LGBT rights, that hasn’t stopped him from stacking his government with dozens of homophobic, fundamentalist bigots who’ve already started to dismantle what limited protections gay Americans were afforded under previous administrations. High profile, anti-gay members of Trump’s government include but are not limited to: Vice President Mike Pence, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Secretary of Housing & Urban Development Ben Carson, Secretary of Health & Human Services Tom Price, Senior Advisor Steve Bannon and Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.
- There are literally multiple fucking fascists, neo-nazis and/or white nationalists (it’s really just a question of terminology) actively serving in Donald Trump’s White House; including advisors Steve Bannon, Sebastian Gorka, Stephen Miller and Michael Anton.
Please do not place yourself under the delusion that this list is by any means exhaustive, I’m sure there are several hundred other examples of Trumpworld’s open and clearly quite sincere bigotry that I’ve simply forgotten. The point is, there is now more than enough evidence to suggest that the Trump administration isn’t simply using hate to generate political power; these crazy mutherfuckers sincerely wish they could take the country back to a pre-Civil Rights era state of male-dominated white supremacy.
There is no politically sound reason to appoint a bunch of Islamophobic whackjobs who believe “we are at the outset of a titanic clash between Judaeo-Christian and Islamic civilizations” unless you also believe it. There is no politically sound reason for the Attorney General of the United States to give a “secret” speech for an anti-LGBT hate group unless he’s trying to signal support for their ideas. Finally there is simply no politically sound reason to invite rape apologists and anti-feminist agitators to a serious discussion about guidelines to ensure sexual assault reports on college campuses are properly handled; I’m at a loss to understand what the fuck DeVos was trying to accomplish here except possibly trolling rape victims – no, really.
- Nina Illingworth
Donate to keep ninaillingworth.com up and running via PayPal:
Paypal Account: email@example.com – please include a note saying your donation is for ninaillingworth.com; thanks!
Donate to ninaillingworth.com via Patreon: